Fasting from Ascension to Pentecost
This past Sunday we extended an invitation to join us in “10 Days of Prayer and Fasting" which will begin on Ascension Day, May 21 and run through Pentecost Sunday, May 31.
How you choose to fast during these 10 days is entirely up to you. For example:
- Choose a specific day to fast
- Fast from one meal each day
- Fast from something specific, like a particular form of social media that occupies much of your time.
Whatever you decide, we would ask that you replace those things with a concentrated time of prayer.
Of course, you can spend time praying over many things during this time. But we would also ask that you spend time during these 10 days praying for the church. Ask God to reveal to us the new opportunities he has for WEFC as we seek to be his presence in our community.
If you would like to participate in the “10 Days of Prayer and Fasting”:
- If you have not already registered, you can register here.
- Each day you will receive a brief email with a reflection on fasting.
- Also, please join us on Wednesday, June 3 at 7:00 pm for the CT Prays Prayer Meeting via Zoom. During this time we would like to hear what God has been impressing upon your heart.
- You can sign up for the CT Prays Prayer Meeting by contacting the church office.
Please register for the fast as soon as possible to ensure that you receive the reflection prompts in a timely manner.
I encourage you to join us in this effort. Allow God to stretch you during this time. You may even want to connect with some other people in the church during this time just to pray together.
Let us seek God together during this time and may he do through us what he did through the church of Antioch (Acts 13:1-3).
Login/Register to leave comment