Our Way of Life
OUR WAY OF LIFE DESCRIBES FOR US how we want to “walk the walk” together as a church family. Over the next six weeks, I want to rehearse with you Our Way of Life and how we want to “walk the walk” together.
First of all, we cannot forget that Our Way of Life is anchored in the gospel. It is a response to what Jesus has done for us.
By God’s grace and through faith in Jesus Christ, we have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of God in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
At WEFC our “corporate way of life” is formed by a series of simple questions.
Who are we?
- Identity: We are sons and daughters deeply loved by God in Christ.Our identity is deeply rooted in who we are in Christ by his grace (1 Pt. 2:9-10; Zeph. 3:17).
- Capacity: We are servants who serve one another. Because of Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit, we put others before ourselves (Phil 2:1-11; John 13:12-17).
- Destiny: We are stewards, investing what we have for the sake of the kingdom of God (1 Peter 4:7-11).
What do we do?
- Love God: As part of the Great Commandment, we seek to love God above all things (Matthew 22:37; 6:33 and Phil 3:7, 10).
- Love Others: The second part of the Great Commandment is the natural outflow of loving God, we love others (Matthew 22:39, 1 John 4:7-8).
- Make Disciples: The Great Commission calls us to make disciples, followers of Jesus, helping people to walk in obedience to Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20).
How do we do it?
- Worship: We are committed to the weekly public gathering of God’s people to worship God, rehearse our hope in Jesus and to embody the presence of God.
- Community: Believing that discipleship is life on life, we are committed to developing deep community around God’s word with others.
- Service: As stewards of God’s varied grace, we each use our gifts and contribute to the making of disciples and to “cross the bridge” into our community and world.
Login/Register to leave comment