Children’s Tag Sale: Sept. 8th, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH FROM 8:00 AM-1:00 PM, the Missions Committee is hosting a Children’s Tag Sale to benefit the Wethersfield Social and Youth Services’ Holiday Gift Program. This program runs in December, serves over 200 youth ages 0-18, and enables struggling families to “shop” for new toys and gift cards when they couldn’t otherwise afford it. The Town of Wethersfield relies on donations to run this program, and the need grows each year.
How can you help? There are many ways:
- Donate gently used children’s items - books, toys, clothing - that can be sold on Saturday, September 8th. Baby items are especially desirable. The proceeds will be given to Social and Youth Services to purchase new toys and gift cards for the 2018 Holiday Gift Program.
- Donate a new toy (ages 0-12) or a $25 gift card to Target, TJMaxx, Kohl’s, or Walmart. The gift cards are highly desired by older children, and all donations will passed directly to the town for use in the Holiday Gift Program.
- Do you have time during the weeks of Aug 27 - Sept 7? Would you spare a few hours to help sort donations and set up for the event?
- Will you spread the word on Social Media? Please tell all your friends how to donate to the event and when/where the tag sale will be held.
- Are you available to work the sale on Saturday, September 8th? We need volunteers to be cashiers, sale supervisors, parking helpers, and so on. Any time you can give is helpful, even if you can’t stay the whole time.
- Will you donate baked goods for a welcome snack table?
- Will you pray that God will use the tag sale to expand His Kingdom?
Donations can be dropped off in Room 110/112 between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm, starting Monday, August 27th through Tuesday, September 4th. No earlier please, due to storage considerations! On Saturday, September 1st, donations can be dropped off between 8am and noon. On Sunday, September 2nd, church will be held down at the Cove, weather permitting, but there will be bins available outside the back door for donated items.
The Tag Sale will be held inside on September 8th from 8:00 AM-1:00 PM, so inclement weather will not affect this event.
If you would like to volunteer or if you have a question about what can be donated to the sale, please contact Jennifer Mahr via email or at 860-538-1974.