Do Justice - A Sermon Series on Micah
And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice,
to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
WHAT DOES IT MEAN “to do justice?”
This summer we will answer this question through looking at the Old Testament book of Micah.
- July 5 – Justice and Worship – Micah 1
- July 12 – Systemic Injustice - Micah 2-3
- July 19 – Justice and the Heart of God – Micah 4-5
- August 2 – Justice and the People of God – Micah 6-7
- August 9 – Justice and the Character of God – Micah 7
We will also hear from ministries that work to bring justice to the oppressed.
- July 26 – Michael Distefano – Amirah – Helping women break free from exploitation
- August 16 – Gary Knighton – Church Planter City of Hartford
- August 23 - Pastor Mike - TBD
- August 30 – Brian Bywater – The Street Church – City of Hartford
How might God broaden your concern for the most vulnerable?
How might God mobilize WEFC to take up the cause of the poor and the marginalized.
May what it says of God be said of us.
He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free,
the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly.
The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. Psalm 146:7-9